Author Topic: New wallet work in progress  (Read 3544 times)

Offline StevenSaxtonBERNdev

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
    • BERNcash - Break the big banks! #JillNotHill
New wallet work in progress
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »
Hey gang! I have been working diligently this week on the new BERN wallet. I have more I want to implement but, figured I would give you all an update before the weekend. First, the stats, as requested....

I have some minor inaccuracies in the statistics. Nothing I can't resolve.

Second, in-wallet mining has had a major overhaul. Some of this are things I had to put on the side-burner prior to launch so that the airdrop would open at launch. Glad I am finding the time to re-address. You can see here, I now have the pool mining reporting speeds and shares accurately. Along with the nifty mining icon in the bottom of the wallet's window that indicates to you at a glance if mining is active...

The biggest improvement to the in-wallet mining you can't see in the above picture. It is something that will seriously be a major improvement and I am very proud to be implementing. I can't spill the beans on that just yet. ;)

Much work remains, as I do have a few other enchantments and some polishing does remain on the mentioned ones, but the new wallet will be very robust. I think you all will like it, as will new BERN users.

No ETA yet. I am still waiting for results from a graphic artist. Those results may or may not be implemented. Once I have the code ready I will have to compile for Windows and Mac. 

If there is anything you would like to see added to the wallet, please do not hesitate!

Steven Saxton - BERN Lead Developer - #JillTheBERN #MineTheBERN

Offline ^eSe^ DonMarco

• Global Moderator
  • #FeelTheBERN
Re: New wallet work in progress
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:00:51 PM »
Nice work Steve!!

Can not wait for new wallet!

Feel free to ask me anything You want :)
#FeelTheBern

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 07:59:16 PM »
Here we go, fixed the status bar not being black. Small typo in the styling caused it to be white in the previous screenshots.

I am not happy with how the PoW mining icon looks on black. It is not terrible in this screenshot but, it is worse when mining is active. The icon is dark and not very visible against the black status bar. I will improve it. Get out "MS Paint" and play graphic artist. ;)

I also indented the "Mining Phases" over less then they were previously. Perhaps I should just keep it aligned left to the header as is the info under the other "BERNcash Network Statistics" column of info. Always open to suggestions! ;)

Back to work!  :D

#BernieOrBust

p.s. If you don't know or realize, the number "5" on the "Update Statistics" button is from a timer. It counts down 10 seconds and updates. Or you can click it if 10 seconds seems too long. ;) Also, values in the left column will highlight when they change. Green indicates an increase, red a decrease. The mining phases will programmatically change the phase that is bold'ed as the chain progresses.

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 08:10:16 PM »
Oh yea, fyi, the "Update Statistics" button is not going to be pink. lol, I haven't flaked out on you guys.

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:19:35 PM »
wow bro can always count on you to bring the goods nice work im getting this page out on yobit all they need to do is get here and see how good you are and its over . MOOOOOONNNN

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 09:20:42 PM »
wow bro can always count on you to bring the goods nice work im getting this page out on yobit all they need to do is get here and see how good you are and its over . MOOOOOONNNN

Thanks Bigs!! A little encouragement goes a long way, and I thank you for that!

So, I have been tinkering with the layout on the statistics page....

I hate how the phases use so much horizontal real estate. In my previous pictures you will see that is why I used two lines to describe the phases but, I am not sure that does not confuse some also. Perhaps this way is better. I was thinking I could fill some of the vertical gaps of the phases with smaller font sized, yet bold if applicable, "real world" time projections of the phases.

The balancing act continues...  :o

#BernieOrBust

p.s. The pink tint on the "Update Statistics" button is because it has focus in my linux build environment. You would not see this on Windows or Mac. It is now black with a font color to match the top menu.

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 08:50:44 AM »
sounds like a good idea to me keep up the great work

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 12:10:51 PM »
When will wallet be release Steven thanks bro

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »
When will wallet be release Steven thanks bro

I have been saying "no ETA" but, I am aiming for about week, ball park. Some new dependencies are in play and that can sometimes be a nightmare on Windows and Mac. There is one request from the community I have yet implemented for an audible signal of incoming transactions. Of course this will need to be mutable and probably should default to mute. There are a couple other things up my sleeve that are not completed and have not been announced. But I m working very diligently to get it out ASAP. Not having the deadline of launch always puts me in a position to fine-tweak a lot. Sometimes, perhaps an over abundance. ;)

... font size adjustments. You will notice the staking weights are 'calibrating' now. They will do so every 10 seconds or as fast as you click the button. This specifically was requested and is as "real-time" as possible without some substantial overhead.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:51:26 PM by StevenSaxtonBERNdev »

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
Thanks for the fast response i am very excited been spreading the word on yobit and many people asked when lol you know how they are. Thanks for the updates and love this forum and the bern community keep up the good work bro this coin will be way up, I will do my best to make sure it does 

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 01:21:19 PM »
Looks great, can't wait for it! Ordered my new laptop yesterday, should be here in time to get the wallet. Yesssss!

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »
good deal barry did you come off yobit from the link i posted or by my pm

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »
I got it from your link on yobit last week. Been filling my bag all week and today I got them really cheap. It's nice to see the price rising again. Can't wait to get the new wallet. This coin is by far my favorite. Cheers dude  ;D

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 10:08:43 PM »
great good to see you here did you see the action today on yobit BERN was hot got up to 390 and 3btc volume looking good

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »
I sure did see the action today and I must say I'm feeling excited about it. Finally made a bit of profit on another coin and bought more bern. Just have to get the wallet when I get the new laptop next week. I have a chromebook and can't open .zip files. Restricted by google chrome tut tut!