Author Topic: General Discussion Intoduction  (Read 917 times)

Offline StevenSaxtonBERNdev

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
    • BERNcash - Break the big banks! #JillNotHill
General Discussion Intoduction
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:12:29 PM »
You can post anything that does not fit into another board here. If topics are brought up and demand does deem a new board necessary, a board will be added.

Steven Saxton - BERN Lead Developer - #JillTheBERN #MineTheBERN

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
Re: General Discussion Intoduction
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 07:07:18 PM »
Just wanted to say hey, Im bigs21024 everywhere and many know me i have been buying more and more bern every chance i get and im stocking up nice lol. Thanks dev for another great coin with great support and great features.

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »
Hey guys,

I would like to know where people are from to see where berncash is spreading.

I'm from County Cork in Ireland.  :o

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »
Hi gang, I am in Newton Falls, Ohio, USA.

Barry, small world!! About 6 months ago I was in Cork! It was a once in a lifetime journey for me and was the only time I have ever been out of the states. There was so much history and it was amazing seeing a country 5 or 6 times older then my own. Ireland is amazingly beautiful! I loved it and might actually still be there had immigration not given me problems.  :-\ They were going to repatriate me!!! All because I mentioned I would be doing my work while on vacation and did not have a departure date because I aimed to stay as long as I could afford to and had yet to buy the return ticket. This made them think I was there to work illegally. I tried to explain that I was talking about my own "USA work" (yes, crypto projects among others), not "Ireland work" but, they wouldn't let me get out a sentence in my defense. When 'Garda' (a term for 'police' that, like everything else that was going on, was completely new to me) finally came to take me to Irish prison  :-[ to wait for my flight back to my original port, did I get anyone to listen. I convinced them to let me stay a month, but they were going to keep my passport.

The real heart-breaking part came after the month and I was finally forced to leave. Not 1 hour after I landed back in Cleveland, the head of immigration (someone I had been writing letters, asking for reconsideration) called me and told me the ruling was overturned. I was welcome to stay in Ireland as long as I wanted and to report to immigration and they would, finally, stamp my passport for 6 months. But I had already, unwillingly, returned to the states.  :'(

But in that month, I did make the best of it. Minus many, many trips to 'solicitors' (another new term for 'lawyers' that was completely new to me) in my attempts to find a way for me to stay longer, I did get to see the amazing beauty of the Emerald Island. Other than the immigration officers, the people are so nice and polite! Had the people not been so helpful to me, I would still be walking the streets of Cork looking for 'lawyers' to help me. LOL

I took thousands of pictures and will never forget it. I hope some day I can return and not have such a stressful ordeal.

#BordersSuck  >:(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:58:58 PM by StevenSaxtonBERNdev »

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »
Jeeze Steven,

Sorry to hear you had those problems with immigration. That seems to be a bit of a problem in Ireland with the authorities lately. They have become so strict and heavy handed in all areas of political concern. I am glad it didn't obscure your view of Ireland though. It is a lovely country and the people are mostly very hospitable. If it wasn't for the poor weather conditions it would be a dream.

I've been to the states before as I have cousins in Boston and I got to see New York and New Jersey. It was just after 9/11 so it was a surreal visit. I'll probably go again and see more, hopefully California and of course Las Vegas.

Hope you do get to return to Ireland and have a much more pleasant experience.

P.S. You might want to bottle some warmth and sunshine and bring it with you if you are coming again  :P

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:48:32 AM »
So I hear this noise this morning and I think someones trying to break in the front door as it's quite a rackett and it's going on for like a minute or two. I decide to cautiously investigate.

And there's my postman trying to shove this package through my much smaller than this letterbox.   ::) ::)

Offline Canny

• Global Moderator
  • #AllEyesOnBERN
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 09:26:25 AM »
Yaeh, that won't fit in a standard mailbox :D   Good to see you in person, man !

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:28:42 AM »
 ;)  Haven't shaved in 3 days though. I blame work....makes me lazy lol!!

Offline Canny

• Global Moderator
  • #AllEyesOnBERN
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 09:35:25 AM »
3 days ... sounds ok to me. Haven't shaved in weeks.Haven't got a job to keep me tidy ;)

Fortunately half of the country has a beard nowadays. and kitty really likes it...lol

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
Ahahahaha!  I shave not for work but when it gets to day 5 or 6 the itching is unbearable. Other people think I have a condition coz I can't stop scratching lol!!!
In work they don't care what you look or dress like as long as you do your work. You should see some people there  :o lol

Offline fonzerrellie

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »
Can't believe I hadn't checked out the BERN forum yet. Great job, it looks great
"Form follows Function" Lupe Fiasco

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 01:57:03 AM »
Can't believe I hadn't checked out the BERN forum yet. Great job, it looks great

Great to have you aboard!! :)

Offline digaran

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 03:08:10 PM »
lol I got banned from yobit chat till 30/6 without spamming or anything I was just talking about BERN.
It's not really fair to ban some one without spamming or cursing.  :( :( :(

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »
lol I got banned from yobit chat till 30/6 without spamming or anything I was just talking about BERN.
It's not really fair to ban some one without spamming or cursing.  :( :( :(

Oh man, sorry to hear. Thank you for spreading the word about BERN, sorry it resulted in that. YoBit is bad for banning people. From what I heard people can just report other users and get them banned. Not fair at all because we know we have BERN haters that would quickly do that. >.<

Offline insarko

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:41 AM »
Block 720000 is coming
From Russia with love