Author Topic: Looking to start mining  (Read 1240 times)

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
Looking to start mining
« on: May 02, 2016, 07:16:30 PM »
I have been thinking about start mining let me know what you got. I dont want to pay massive store prices because if so i will just buy them new. I have been trading for some time now but never mined so i am looking for something to get started. Thanks and dont forget to support BERN has been popping on yobit!

Offline ^eSe^ DonMarco

• Global Moderator
  • #FeelTheBERN
Re: Looking to start mining
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:54:31 PM »
Do You have some Equipment for mining?

Some Rig or graphic card?
Feel free to ask me anything You want :)
#FeelTheBern

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:21:32 PM »
have nothing just looking to start bro. I been in crypto a long time but never mined im ready now

Offline StevenSaxtonBERNdev

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
    • BERNcash - Break the big banks! #JillNotHill
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
Start small, but with a good foundation for expansion. Unless you have the cash to invest in many, many GPUs that will be outdated in a few short years. While you still might be learning the ropes.

Buy a good mother board that supports many PCI-express cards. Buy a modest CPU. A fair amount of RAM. The thing you want to focus your purchasing power is GPUs and an efficient power supply. You won't need much of a CPU or much RAM for a mining rig. A good power supply is wise also. Get one that is "gold rated". This means it is more efficient at converting AC into DC than say a "bronze rated". Thus wasting less electricity in the conversion.

Forget the fancy and pricy computer case. Get a milk crate. Open air is what you will need, not a cramped box.

I do not have any extra GPUs but, I do have an extra asrock pro BTC H81 I would be willing to part with. This is a motherboard built for GPU mining. 6 PCI-express ports means you can run up to 6 GPUs but, you would need two power supplies to do that. I run 3 gpus off of one 1000 watt corsair PSU and it doesent even grunt. The motherboard is unused and in the original packaging. I can kick in a couple free risers also to help an up and coming miner. Risers are just cables that alow you to plug the gpus in away from the motherboard and other gpus. Aiding heat dissipation and making room for airflow.

Of course I would make a sweet deal for a BERN supporter. I bought the motherboards bulk and saved. I have no problem passing that savings on to a fellow berner.

You would need: a power supply (preferably gold rated ~200$), a CPU (I used a socket compatable pentium, 40-50$), some RAM (8 gigs ddr3, 60$), a hard drive (ssd have dropped a lot but, even an old HDD will work fine), milk crate (take one from a gas station), and then, the important part, GPUs. I recommend shopping around on crypto marketplaces like cryptopia has. I literally STOLE a R9 280x ($200) for 14$ worth of bumbacoin once. You can run ubuntu instead of windows for more savings. Of course, if you can afford to not take the finacial shortcuts I suggest, congrats.

Anyway, let me know if interested. PM me where I would need to ship the mobo (motherboard) and riser cables and I will figure out a price. Basically, I would just be justifying the shipping. I am not using the mobo and know you have helped BERN a lot. Scratch my back, I scratch yours. ;)

Mining is an addiction. If you have a wife, tell her I appoligize. ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:30:19 PM by StevenSaxtonBERNdev »
Steven Saxton - BERN Lead Developer - #JillTheBERN #MineTheBERN

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 03:36:01 PM »
cool brother that sounds cool ill send you a pm thanks so much bro. that is a lot of great info.

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »
i know you been busy but did you ever get pm i would like to try to get this if i can

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 08:10:44 PM »
i know you been busy but did you ever get pm i would like to try to get this if i can

I did get one PM from you today. About 3 hours ago. Sorry for the slow response but, I have responded now.

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »

I did get one PM from you today. About 3 hours ago. Sorry for the slow response but, I have responded now.
i sent you another one with my addy so you can see shipping cost

Offline ^eSe^ DonMarco

• Global Moderator
  • #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 01:42:12 PM »
i just reply with info about gfx
#FeelTheBern

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 06:23:05 PM »
Any one else got anything for mining i need a power supply and a card? Anyone?

Offline ^eSe^ DonMarco

• Global Moderator
  • #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 12:30:26 AM »
Any one else got anything for mining i need a power supply and a card? Anyone?

Im back today to home and can send you photos like we speak
#FeelTheBern

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 04:20:31 PM »
ok bro and specs and info

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 06:12:48 PM »
I also have a Thermaltake TR2 500W PSU (two rails, 500 watt, Power Supply Unit). I burnt it trying to run 3 GPU's overclocked. But I do have the replacement warranty, so I could get a new one. It is Haswell ready, can run the latest intel CPUs. It will perfectly run the mobo I just sent you Bigs, in fact it did run mine for awhile with two GPU's. You would need something different if you were going to get more than 2 GPU's (not enough watts). But this would suffice for 1 or 2 GPU's to get you started. Not sure how big you are going for, Bigs. ;)

Let me know if you are interested and I will get it exchanged for a new one. I will get the replacement warranty (RadioShack, transferable I believe) with the new one also since it is only like 3$.

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »
I also have a Thermaltake TR2 500W PSU (two rails, 500 watt, Power Supply Unit). I burnt it trying to run 3 GPU's overclocked. But I do have the replacement warranty, so I could get a new one. It is Haswell ready, can run the latest intel CPUs. It will perfectly run the mobo I just sent you Bigs, in fact it did run mine for awhile with two GPU's. You would need something different if you were going to get more than 2 GPU's (not enough watts). But this would suffice for 1 or 2 GPU's to get you started. Not sure how big you are going for, Bigs. ;)

Let me know if you are interested and I will get it exchanged for a new one. I will get the replacement warranty (RadioShack, transferable I believe) with the new one also since it is only like 3$.

This is it: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002031

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »

This is it: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002031
pm me what you are looking to get bro that sounds great im only looking to run a few cards at first to i see how it goes and if i like it