Author Topic: mining bern on wallet  (Read 955 times)

Offline Mi En Yu

• #FeelTheBERN
mining bern on wallet
« on: May 07, 2016, 11:50:45 AM »
how to mining bern on wallet?
please step by step
Thank's

Offline StevenSaxtonBERNdev

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
    • BERNcash - Break the big banks! #JillNotHill
Re: mining bern on wallet
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
You need to decide what pool you want to join.

The first one in the above list requires you to register. The last two do not.

Because you did not specify and wish to use in-wallet mining, I will presume you are referring to CPU, not GPU, mining. I will also assume you are running Windows.

You will need to download a CPU miner capable of the x14 algorithm. I suggest:  https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi/releases/download/v1.1-multi/cpuminer-multi-rel1.1.zip

Extract all the files.  You need to find the correct executable version for your CPU. If you have a 32-bit processor, you will find it at cpuminer-multi-rel1.1\x86\cpuminer-x86.exe in those files you just extracted. If you have a 64-bit processor, you will find it at cpuminer-multi-rel1.1\cpuminer-x64.exe in those files you just extracted. If you are uncertain, use the 32-bit one. Even if you have a 64-bit processor, it will run the 32-bit version, just slightly less sufficiently.

Now that you know which executable to use, rename it to "minerd.exe" and copy it to the same directory as the BERNcash-qt.exe

Now you are ready for the wallet to issue commands to the minerd.exe you just moved. Open your BERN wallet, click "Mining", select "pool mining", use 4 threads, use a scantime of 10, and fill in the Server for the pool you selected (i.e. stratum+tcp://aikapool.com), port the pool uses (i.e. 7947), your worker name, and your worker password.

All of the above mentioned pools have documentation that explains the Server, Port, Username, Password to use. It is a bit tricky to setup at first, be patient and remain calm. You will get it. If you run into a question, feel free to ask. Myself or another community member will respond ASAP!

Good luck!
Steven Saxton - BERN Lead Developer - #JillTheBERN #MineTheBERN

Offline Mi En Yu

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 06:52:12 PM »
OK thankyou  :D

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 06:57:54 PM »
OK thankyou  :D

You are very welcome. The new wallet I am actively working on will make this much easier but, as of now and with the first version of the wallet, the above less-than-streamlined method must suffice. Soon, this will be much easier.

Offline arseaboy

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 02:35:52 AM »
is this wallet have its own mining capability? much better if you can build something like that too sir, much easier for who doesn't know how the mining works, good luck to you sir.

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 12:12:47 PM »
is this wallet have its own mining capability? much better if you can build something like that too sir, much easier for who doesn't know how the mining works, good luck to you sir.

Easy mining solo with two clicks is presently in place. However; net hashrate has soared and solo mining, especially with CPU, is no longer feasible.

I am presently working on pool mining for the new wallet. EASY pool mining! Two clicks. No registration needed. Anyone will be able to do it and profit. It will be beautiful. :)

Thank you for the wish of luck!

Offline digaran

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 07:15:48 AM »
Now to be able to mine you need at least 100KH/s  otherwise you wont feel the BERN :)

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »
Now to be able to mine you need at least 100KH/s  otherwise you wont feel the BERN :)

Mining difficulty varies. It can fluctuate greatly throughout some days. I have a laptop that pulls down at least a few bern a day at about 50kh/s. With pool mining, so long as shares are being accepted, you are earning bern. My mining rig pulls down many thousands a day.

Of course, the more hash the marrier. ;)

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 12:57:18 AM »

Mining difficulty varies. It can fluctuate greatly throughout some days. I have a laptop that pulls down at least a few bern a day at about 50kh/s. With pool mining, so long as shares are being accepted, you are earning bern. My mining rig pulls down many thousands a day.

Of course, the more hash the marrier. ;)

Right now for example. Nethash is just over 400 mh/s. I would have a good chance at solo'ing blocks right now with my modest mining rig. Of course I am not solo, I am pool mining with yiimp.ccminer.org so we all benefit. #NotMeUS

No, BERN is very minable. Even at low hash rates and even when nethash is on the higher side. There is no 100 kh/s requirement. Anyone with a computer, literally anyone, can #FeelTheBERN
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:59:24 AM by StevenSaxtonBERNdev »

Offline digaran

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 12:40:56 AM »
I'm telling you once I felt the BERN 2 times mining with 10kh/s I said 100kh/s to be able to watch the BERN(s) raining. 8) ;) :)

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 01:47:19 PM »
I'm telling you once I felt the BERN 2 times mining with 10kh/s I said 100kh/s to be able to watch the BERN(s) raining. 8) ;) :)

Yes, the more hash you have the marrier.

Also, if you don't know, I payout faucet entries every 24 hours. Payouts have been 2 to 5 BERN as of late. http://berncash.org/Faucet/

Enjoy! :)

#BernieOrBust

Offline fonzerrellie

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 12:42:01 AM »
can you point me to the x14 GPU miner info/link please?  ;D I just dusted out my machine and want to see what it can do on x14
"Form follows Function" Lupe Fiasco

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 08:04:37 AM »
can you point me to the x14 GPU miner info/link please?  ;D I just dusted out my machine and want to see what it can do on x14

AMD GPU: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software#amdgpu

NVIDIA GPU: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software#nvidiagpu

CPU: https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi/releases

Hope these links help. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any further assistance! Always glad to help! :)

#NotMeUS

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 08:07:19 AM »
These two pools have BERN mining presently: