Author Topic: BERN help  (Read 580 times)

Offline StevenSaxtonBERNdev

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
    • BERNcash - Break the big banks! #JillNotHill
BERN help
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »
If you have issues or need any help woth BERN, myself and the community is glad to help! Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Crypto currency is very new and we have been programmed to accept fiat currencies as our exchange or store of value.

The only "dumb" question is the one not asked! ;)

Steven Saxton - BERN Lead Developer - #JillTheBERN #MineTheBERN

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
Re: BERN help
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:24:20 AM »
Hi, I have recently bought my first few investments in bern from an exchange. I tried downloading the bern wallet from github but I have a chromebook and google does not support the file for the wallet. Will you be creating an android wallet or do you have another way for me to safely store my bern cash as I don't trust the exchange wallets anymore.

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »
Hi, I have recently bought my first few investments in bern from an exchange. I tried downloading the bern wallet from github but I have a chromebook and google does not support the file for the wallet. Will you be creating an android wallet or do you have another way for me to safely store my bern cash as I don't trust the exchange wallets anymore.

Hi Barry, thanks for investing in BERN. I assure you that I am working hard to ensure it was a wise investment.

An andriod wallet is not yet available. I am working on a new wallet, perhaps when the source code is ready I can build an android wallet or hire an android developer to assist me.

At present, wallets are only available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. The recent closure of coinwallet.io has left a gap for android and other web enabled devices.

The files you downloaded from github would be the source code, not compiled and executable code.

Yes, I do very much agree with your stance on holding your BERN at an exchange. That is risky, as I am sure you are aware. Not only are you exposed to more risk with your BERN at an exchange, you will not be able to stake (aka mint) and collect the 10% APR from Proof of Stake.

Sorry to say  at present, there is no solution for your android device. Coinwallet.io was our temporary android solution until an adroid wallet could be built but, they had the same risks of an exchange that concerns you. Once the new code is ready and the new wallets are built and made available for Mac and Windows, I can focus my time on an android wallet. I can't give an honest ETA at this time, but will update the community as I progress.

As of now, you would need to run a wallet on a Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux machine to remove your BERN from an exchange. I apologize for not having a better answer for you. An android wallet is high on my priority list.

Again, thank you for investing in BERN.

Offline bigs21024

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 06:53:45 PM »
i believe in you  i bought a large sum on yobit today and had a nice pump going for a bit but im holding will not sell near this cheap has a long way to go job well done steve

• Administrator
  • BERN baby, BERN
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 07:06:51 PM »
i believe in you  i bought a large sum on yobit today and had a nice pump going for a bit but im holding will not sell near this cheap has a long way to go job well done steve

Thank you for the investment and the kind words!

Offline Barry1708

• #FeelTheBERN
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »

Hi Barry, thanks for investing in BERN. I assure you that I am working hard to ensure it was a wise investment.

An andriod wallet is not yet available. I am working on a new wallet, perhaps when the source code is ready I can build an android wallet or hire an android developer to assist me.

At present, wallets are only available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. The recent closure of coinwallet.io has left a gap for android and other web enabled devices.

The files you downloaded from github would be the source code, not compiled and executable code.

Yes, I do very much agree with your stance on holding your BERN at an exchange. That is risky, as I am sure you are aware. Not only are you exposed to more risk with your BERN at an exchange, you will not be able to stake (aka mint) and collect the 10% APR from Proof of Stake.

Sorry to say  at present, there is no solution for your android device. Coinwallet.io was our temporary android solution until an adroid wallet could be built but, they had the same risks of an exchange that concerns you. Once the new code is ready and the new wallets are built and made available for Mac and Windows, I can focus my time on an android wallet. I can't give an honest ETA at this time, but will update the community as I progress.

As of now, you would need to run a wallet on a Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux machine to remove your BERN from an exchange. I apologize for not having a better answer for you. An android wallet is high on my priority list.

Again, thank you for investing in BERN.

No problem Steve thank you for your reply and the info. I am going to get a new laptop this weekend as I intend to get further involved with crypto and have only found out that my chromebook is useless for this purpose.

I see you are quite serious and active in this development and I will be purchasing more bern as I also think it is very cheap at the exchange right now. Good luck with your progression and I hope the very best for berncash.

Thanks again and I will be visiting this forum for updates and any other news on berncash.